January 28, 2010

My Try At Poetry or maybe just Nursery Rhyme

The Zenith by Ben J. S. Morales

In the Great River of Fire
With its flames always in a flurry
There is a Place many Men strive to reach in a hurry
For a Great Prize may be received
But only to Those who believe
In the Great Tree of Immortality
A single bite of its Fruit one can live for eternity
This Great Tree is the Zenith
Some say It is real, to others, a myth

To cross the River of Flames, One must not be afraid
For on the Fire a Great Bridge was laid
At the Great King's Command
The Great Prince went straight at hand
To build the Bridge, it was not simple
To finish the Work, He must be humble
He completed the Work at the cost of His Life
So that everyone may have Eternal Life
Truly Great was His Sacrifice
His Great Deed alone would suffice
To Save every Man to Eternal Life

4 comments:

Judy Dudich said...

You call that a "try" Ben...I call it "GREAT SUCCESS!"
Thank you for blessing us with your gifts and talents...I see that God has gifted you as a writer as well as an artist!!!!!!
This is a beautiful piece of work.
My favorite part is how you remind us that the virtue of humility is how we will get through the fire...awesome:)
God bless you my young friend!
~Mrs. Dudich~

Ben said...

Thank you for the great comments Mrs. Dudich! This was my first "try" at poetry if you would call it and I'm very glad to hear it called a GREAT SUCCESS! Thanks!

Ruth said...

Ben, I'm forwarding all comments that my friends left on my blog. They all love your poem. you made me proud again.


From Anne:
Ruth, you are blessed to have wonderful and artistic children. And they are blessed to have a great Mom like you too!

From Marie:
My goodness but you have a very talented poet for a son! How fabulous!

From Kim:
Your son is very talented. I enjoyed reading his poem.


From Doylene:
Your son is a talented writer. The poem is very good.

From me:
Praise God for the talents He has given you. Use them for His glory.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?